Hunting and Gathering
A dead monster has a 1-in-6 chance of being unusable.
- Dead monsters can provide 1 field ration per hit die (Field rations last for 1 days).
- Salt, fire, and HD hours can turn a dead monster into HD*2 standard rations.
Base preparation chance is 1-in-6. Increase success odds by 1 for each of the following.
- Pots & pans
- A well-supplied party able to take time while camping succeeds automatically.
For normal meat, roll d6. Add +1 if the food was properly cooked and prepared, subtract -4 if the meat is rotten.
- 0 or less: Save vs Constitution or lose d6 HP from food poisoning.
- 1: Save vs Constitution or no benefit from meal
- 2-5: No extra effect.
- 6: Heal 1 additional HP.
Rationale: eating monsters is great.
Alternatively/additionally, see Dan D's Dan D Unified Cooking Rules.
Consult Monster Menu-All for other properties.